Monday, May 27, 2013

Amy's Peanut Butter Cookies

I love everything about these cookies! They are crispy, but dense, a little bit healthy b/c of the oatmeal, and oh so delicious! My sister is the best baker of these babies...mine are never quite as good. But lucky for me, she'll make them for me for a treat every now and then because she knows they're my favorite :-D

Amy's Peanut Butter Cookies
{Photo Credit}

1/4 cup plain, nonfat, Greek yogurt
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar (or sucanot)
1/3 cup packed brown sugar (or 1/4 cup honey)
1/2 cup peanut butter (I use natural-crunchy is best, but creamy is ok too!)
1 egg (or two egg whites - only one if you are using honey)
1 t vanilla extract
1 cup flour (I use whole wheat)
1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1 t baking soda
1/4 t salt

In a mixing bowl, cream butter, yogurt and sugars; beat in peanut butter, egg, and vanilla. In another bowl, combine flour, oats, baking soda, and salt. Stir into creamed mixture.

Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet (these always come out better on a stone).

Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.

Cool for 1 minute on pan before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 2-3 dozen

No comments:

Post a Comment