Originally found in a vegetarian cookbook from Pampered Chef, I have tweaked this delicious recipe to match our personal taste bud preferences to perfection. Are you looking for a new go-to summer meatless entree' salad? Today might just be your lucky day!
Strawberry Farro Salad
- 1 cup uncooked farro
- 6 cups spinach/arugula mix
- 8 oz fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, diced
- 2 T sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 pkg of brie cheese
- 2 T whole wheat flour
- 1/2 c pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 c raspberry vinaigrette (we like Newman's Own Raspberry Walnut)
+ Cook farro according to package directions. Drain, and rinse with cool water.
+ Combine farro, spinach/arugula, strawberries, apple, onion, and enough dressing to barely coat the greens. Toss lightly.
+ Dredge wedges or rounds of brie (without the rind) in flour, and cook in a pre-heated (medium-high) skillet coated with non-stick spray for about 45 seconds per side. Just long enough to get a nice golden crust on the cheese.
+ Serve warm brie on top of the salad mixture. Sprinkle with nuts, and drizzle with more dressing, only if needed.
This salad is even better the next day!