Monday, May 27, 2013

Wild Rice Chicken Salad

Looking for a wonderful summer salad that's a breeze to make ahead, keeps well, and is super easy to double or triple for a crowd? This could be your answer! I love to serve these with pecan muffinettes and when I do, I omit the walnuts from the recipe.-


Wild Rice Chicken Salad

 

1 6 oz box of long grain wild rice mix (Uncle Ben's is fine)
2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
1/2 cup dried cranberries or raisins
1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
1/2 cup chopped celery (opt)
1/2 cup frozen corn thawed
1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts (opt)

Dressing: 1/3 cup olive oil, 1/3 cup raspberry wine vinegar (or 1/2 cup prepared raspberry or cranberry vinaigrette - I like Newman's Own)

Prepare rice according to instructions on package (I only add 1/2 or less of the seasoning pack to save on sodium). Mix all ingredients together except dressing. Combine dressing ingredients and toss with salad to coat. Chill until serving. -

No comments:

Post a Comment