Looking for an unusual side dish? Trying to replace grains in your diet? Why not give this unusual take on cauliflower a try? By pulsing the florets of this white vegetable in your food processor, you'll achieve a texture similar to rice which can then be used in your favorite curry, fried rice recipe, or in a simple pilaf-esque dish like the one below. Read about some of the nutrient benefits of cauliflower HERE. Original recipe was found on The Paleo Cupboard Blog, and slightly modified to suit our tastes.
Seasoned Cauliflower "Rice"
Ingredients:- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1/2 of a sweet onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, pressed
- 1 Tbsp. evoo
- 4 Tbsp. chicken broth
- Dash sea salt
- Dash ground pepper
- Herbs of choice (I use thyme, lime basil, and garlic chives)
Directions:1. Grate the cauliflower or pulse in food processor until it is rice shaped.
2. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium high heat. Sauté onion and garlic for about 3 minutes.
3. Add cauliflower, stir well.
4. Add chicken broth, sea salt and pepper. Saute for about 5 minutes until cauliflower is slightly tender.
5. Place cauliflower in serving bowl and top with chopped herbs (optional). Serve.