I just chop up the vegetables, and throw everything into the crock pot for 3-4 hours on high. Can also be cooked on low for 6-8 hours. Delicious alongside brown rice, quinoa, or whole wheat couscous. As a side note: I don't particularly like either eggplant -or- cauliflower, but I love this dish! Just sayin'...
Indian Spiced Eggplant and Cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons curry powder, preferably hot Madras *I used regular curry, and it was S.P.I.C.Y.
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1-pound eggplant, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt, (optional) *Do NOT place this in the crockpot*
For serving, top each plate with a dollop of yogurt, if desired.