Monday, May 27, 2013

Hot Pumpkin White Chocolate

A drink this luscious, deserved its own photo shoot in the sultry light of early morning...



There just aren't words adequate to describe the rapturous delight that this drink will bring to your mouth. I asked my sister what I should name it, and her suggestion was highly inappropriate for this G rated blog, but she kind of hit the nail on the head. ;-)

Anyway, all I need to say is TRY IT! You will never be the same. The original recipe was HERE, but you know the drill...I can never follow a recipe just-so. I have to make it my own (and in this case a bit healthier). Behold:

 

Hot Pumpkin White Chocolate

 

1 1/2 cups soy milk (any kind of milk is fine...I'm just lactose intolerant)
1/2 cup pumpkin (puree, from a can)
1/2 t pumpkin pie spice
1/2 t vanilla extract
2 oz white chocolate (1/2 a Ghrardelli bar), roughly chopped
sprinkle of cloves and whipped cream for garnish

Combine milk, pumpkin, and pumpkin pie spice in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and add in chocolate pieces, stirring until dissolved. Add vanilla. Serve hot with a generous dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of cloves. Yield 2 servings.

You just try not to drink the entire batch yourself. I dare ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment